Sunday, December 5, 2010

our weekend

we spent the weekend in the hall the kids have learned how to climb and what it is to be soft. They are starting to learn how not to throw things.  We have started to play patty cake with them, they love to play hide and seek or as they call it cuckoo cuckoo. they have calmed down and are starting to be more attentive to what is going on around them they are full of questions they want to know what everything is. Both of them enjoyed playing with the brush that we brought with us they took turns brushing Sam's hair and the stuffed animals. Alibina finally rode the rocking horse on Saturday and had fun with it. Sasha is very inquisitive about everything that is mechanical he wants to know how everything comes apart and goes together.  thought we would show you some of our surroundings!
outside door to our building

stairway to our apartment
door to our apartment
view from the apartment on a snowy day
the next 3 are some sights on our walk to the baby house


huge old playground
entrance gate to the baby house



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend and everyone is progressing well. Wow, you're a great mom already Sam, I'm not sure I would let my kids brush my hair with the brush they were using on stuffed animals:) Good for you!

    Do the kids know that they're being adopted, or what is their sense of the whole thing?

    We keep track of Bulgaria and saw that it gets dark before 5 p.m. now and it was only 30 degrees at 6 p.m. I'm guessing that it's dark and cold there as well. Stay warm and keep having fun with your children.

    Looking forward to hearing more,
    Ranelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know where you are staying now, its not far from Helen's.

    You have court this week! How exciting! Oh my gosh you guys will be home with the kiddo's so soon! I know it seems like forever away but in a few weeks it will all seem like a dream... your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, still think you should call her Alli, she is so cute and he looks likes he is going to be all boy. Can't wait to see them. Looks cold there stay warm see you soon.
    Love and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do you get to bring them home? i'm very excited for you guys! I have a 5 month old w/ds and a 4 yr old and 20 month old and I hope to be able to adopt another little angel with DS from the Reeces Rainbow website someday. I can't tell if these too have special needs but they are just adorable. Good luck! I will be tracking your journey!

    ReplyDelete