Monday, November 29, 2010

we met the kids ! !

I hadn't intended on posting 3 separate times, but the computer is not cooperating.  This morning we went to the Social Services Office to get permission to go the orphanage.  We were asked some questions about ourselves and why we want to adopt and how we plan to provide proper care for the kids.  After what seemed like forever, we were told OK and good luck and then we were off to the baby house.  The social worker came with us, we met with the orphanage director where we learned a little more about the kids.  There weren't any surprises in their history, thank goodness!  Then we were shown to their groupa where they were getting dressed to go outside.  He came right up to us and held my hand, let me pick him up, felt Jon's beard, alot of smiles and laughter!  He tries to talk but doesn't have much of a vocabulary yet.  He does have a very loud scream though!  The boy's got a temper, and doesn't like it when he doesn't get his way.....fun!  He is still in diapers, I  am going to find out if they are potty training at all, I don't think so.  She was shy at first, let me put her shoes on and just wasn't too sure what to think of us.  But once she warmed up, things were fine!  She is very independent and knows what she wants, she seems right on track.  Her speech is a little hard to understand, but she is smart and kind.  we played for about an hour this morning and then went back at 4pm for another 1 1/2 hrs.  Tomorrow we have some business to do and we'll be visiting  again, we will take some pictures then, we didn't want to overwhelm them today.  It is rainy here, but not too cold.  We are settled into our apartment and everything is going well.  We miss home and our families/friends/pets.  Hope everyone had a good holiday!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, glad to hear from you, we were getting a little nervous; but understand the problem with the internet. We got home Sun. Cold and stormy here, snowing off and on all day. Enjoyed the pictures of the City looks like some very old and beautiful architecture. Glad most of all you got to see your children. WE are sure you look forward to spending more time with them. Hopefully they will warm up to both of you before you depart back to Kiev. Everything went well at your house Max came out a few times and then went back into his "sanctuary' Had a great dinner at Ericas ' Jerry and Gayle were there and the Rothlisbergers, Bootsie and Mamaw went to Maricopa. Well no more news so will stop and let Mom send this. Keep us informed if you can. Love Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to meet them! I hope things continue to go well. Was Svetlana your social worker? She helped us out and was so very kind. Enjoy these next few days. I hope all is in order with the paperwork and you can have court quickly. Our court was exactly one week after we met Vika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so happy for you guys!!!! Can not wait to see pics!! praying the paperwork goes quickly :)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on meeting your new family! I love that he is a screamer, welcome to parenthood. Ha ha on the nesting dolls!!! Enjoy your visit this afternoon and take lots of pictures. We can't wait to see them.

    Love,
    Erica and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Svetlana is the social worker, she is very nice. WE ran into her at Sovietska one afternoon and she came right up to us to say hello.

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear that you got to see the kids. Sam please try to email me about Meg house sitting we never got to talk about it I don't want you to worry about anything here. email me at teamgreen04@msn.com or I will read a reply hopefully Worried about the cat. Take care.

    Love Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam and Jon
    Brian and I have some of the same pictures !! It is bringing back memories. I started to cry when I read about you meeting the kids.

    How is the apartment there? I want to call you

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you know that I checked on Max today, I couldn't find him but he has been eating and doing his business so I guess he's good. Also it froze last night and I think you might lose a few of your plants, other than that everything at the house was fine. Have a great day.
    Love,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete